If ever there can be a cause worthy to be upheld by all toil or sacrifice that the human heart can endure, it is the cause of education.
– Horace Mann
Joanne Robichaud has extensive expertise in the area of educational advocacy for children with special needs. She has well over 25 years’ experience helping parents navigate the world of special education and understand its unique jargon, procedures, and processes. Her knowledge and expertise in the applicable laws pertaining to special education including IDEA, ADA, Civil Right Laws as well as state laws, mandates and standards help her make certain that all avenues are explored in ensuring a child receives the educational supports and services needed for success.
Joanne believes in the need to define “success” for each child based on the individual child’s unique profile and not according to a pre-prescribed set of skills or state test. This premise in helping plan for a child’s success include having a thorough understanding of the child’s strengths and weaknesses, abilities and disabilities, learning style, personality and temperament.
Joanne has helped families of children who have challenges based on a continuum of diagnoses and issues including:
- Autism, Asperger’s, PDD
- Nonverbal learning disability
- Developmental Delay
- Language-based learning disability
- Emotional disturbance
- Attention Deficit Disorder
- Behavior Disorders, Bipolar Disorder, Oppositional Defiant Disorder
- Auditory Processing issues
- Arthrogryposis Multiplex Complex
- Articulation impairments
- Reactive Attachment Disorder
- Sensory Integration Disorder
- Executive Functioning difficulties
- Receptive and Expressive Language Disorders
- Social Skills Deficits
- Life Skills Deficits